I have made a lot of this washable make-up pads. They are easy to use for any face cleaning. After use I put mine into a small laundry bag and through them in the wash when it is full. They come out just af clean as if they were new.
I love that I don’t have to remember to buy cotton pads all the time, and that this is a eco-friendly way to clean my face every day.
I have made them for my self but also as gifts and on requests. They are super easy to make and I can make about 10 out of one ball of cotton yarn. They are also a great way to use leftover yarn from other projects because you don’t need very much yarn, and the color dosen’t matter so it can really be made from all your scrap yarn.
The pattern I use is this is from youtube – here
ALWAYS use 100% cotton yarn, I always use two threads for these, this makes the pads softer.
I used a hook 4,5 mm on the turquoise ones and i used a 4 mm hook on the white/gray ones. I like the turquoise best.
- Ch 4 and slip stitch into a ring
- Make 6 puff stitches in the ring. (a puff stitch is: yarn over hook, through the ring grab yarn, yarn over hook, through the ring grab yarn, yarn over hook, through the ring grab yarn – you’ll have 7 loops on the hook. Yarn over and pull through all 7 loops and chain 1 stitch.
- End round with a slip stitch
- 2. round you make 2 puff stitches in every space between the puff stitches from round one. giving you 12 puff stitches in the second round.
- The last round is just 1 sc on top of the puff stitch and then 2 sc in the space in between. Giving you 36 stitches in total.
You can also find videos on youtube.com like this one that explains the pattern I used. In the video she only uses 1 thread. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuDkv_c57ic
I hope you enjoy.